Tobii AT Sales Policy
Tobii operating companies and resellers may only sell and market Tobii products to residents in the country where the device is being sold. The reasons for this are:
- Tobii products are classified as Medical Devices and therefore, must be fully traceable in the event of a recall or other situations. If a Tobii product leaves the country from which it has been bought, tracking it becomes virtually impossible and can jeopardize operator safety.
- The reseller or the Tobii operating company is only responsible for handling “first line support” for devices that have been bought within the reseller’s active geographic area; they hold no responsibility for offering support for products that have been privately imported.
- Neither the reseller nor the Tobii operating company is allowed to sell or export Tobii devices to other markets/countries unless agreed upon by Tobii Technology AB, BU Assistive Technology stipulates otherwise.
- Training, after sales support and warranty are only provided by the reseller or Tobii operating company within the territory/country where the device was bought.
- If service is needed for a “privately imported” device, it must be sent back to the reseller or to the Tobii operating company from which it was bought, at the owner’s own risk and expense. In some markets there is a risk for customs problems with shipment. Neither Tobii nor the reseller will be liable for any such problems, should they arise.