Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China.
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the Southside. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
If you want to work with one of Pittsburgh’s 2016 top companies, meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
The Social Media & Community Ambassador will be the social heartbeat of Tobii Dynavox online and in the community. He will strive to create and deliver relevant, engaging social media content to increase the awareness for the company and products. The manager will implement the company’s social media strategy, generating inbound traffic and leads while encouraging product adoption. The role will coordinate with internal teams and sites to ensure consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
The Social Media & Community Ambassador will also have responsibility for organizing, coordinating and supporting regular community events in the U.S. promoting Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Compute Access and Special Education solutions to our major stakeholders in the disability community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop and implement Social Media strategy, campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications.
- Become an advocate of the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, answering questions where appropriate and promoting others in areas where needed.
- Support an Ambassador outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company .
- Liaise with disability organizations and relevant industry associations (collaborating with others in Tobii Dynavox).
- Organize and attend events, both online and at locations nationally. This may include hosting and presenting recorded webinars, collaborating with partners of Tobii Dynavox.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media and outreach programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Regularly provide feedback and insights from social media monitoring to global product and marketing teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Requires regular travel (25-40%), primarily within the U.S.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of assistive technology.
- Speech Language Pathologist (CCC) background strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Public Relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience a plus
- Excellent presentation skills – Seeking a dynamic presentation style with the ability to influence and empathize with varied audiences.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format.
- Extreme networker, especially in social media
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the product portfolio/roadmap and market the benefits to key audiences.
- Excellent technical skills (in the iOS and Windows environment) and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Sales mentality