Tobii Dynavox currently has a unique opening in Pittsburgh for a Global Program Manager with an emphasis on HW Project Management. You will help deliver cutting-edge products to people with complex communications challenges. To succeed, you should be highly driven and structured in your approach to program management, and be someone that is interested in finding creative solutions to challenging and exciting project issues.
We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve, Katie, and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the Southside. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
- Manage the project team with assigned resources and co-ordinate with other teams/sites for everyone to have a clear understanding of the project scope, time plan and deliverables
- Leading the development and implementation to meet the project/product objectives: performance, cost and quality on time. Hold meetings according to set project plans, continuously update and inform all members of the project scope and deliverables, instructing of activities and follow up on deliveries and status
- Leading assigned projects according to the Tobii Dynavox Project Model
- Synchronizing information with all stakeholders. Report status, progress, cost to Steering Group in monthly meetings
- Document the project work and decisions for traceability
- Contact interface with ODM/supplier to keep high performance, reach deadlines and deliverables on time, and pro-actively search to find improvements not impacting on cost and certifications
- Follow up and handle the regulatory and quality requirements
- Travel internationally approximately 30 days per year
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field
- Minimum of five years´ experience in Program or Project Management
- Previous AAC and or med-class industry is a plus
- Cross-cultural experiences and understanding. We are a global company and an international mindset is core. It is strongly desired for you to have:
- Experience working and living abroad
- Experience from having worked in international cross-cultural environments and teams
- Experience working with remote teams
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally for approximately 30 days per year
- Ability to build trust with ODMS and suppliers on-site and solve problems remotely
- Experience working with ODMS in Asia is a plus
- Strong relationship builder and strong communications skills combined. Ability to build confidence and trust with Product Management, Steering Groups, and project members through open and honest communication. Build a team spirit and “we” feeling
- Independent, self-motivated with a natural sense of responsibility to lead the projects to reach set goals and with a high ambition to achieve results
- Coach, motivate, build confidence, and support the project team members to achieve their required tasks
- Great organizational skills including delegation of tasks while creating a positive work environment where everyone takes responsibility to meet the goals
- Commit to the deliverables and run the projects with high dedication and focus
- Willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Strong sense and judgement for what is best for the users, project and company
- Contribute to improvements of the systems and processes of the company
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel.