Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
The Training and Implementation Specialist will be the primary resource for training the market on awareness, and the implementation and application of Tobii Dynavox entire portfolio of communication devices, software, and access devices. This is a remote position and will be based within a designated geographic region.
The Training and Implementation Specialist will create and deliver customer (internal and external) presentations and training at trade shows, discovery labs, implementation workshops, new hire training, online, and in person. Creating written applications and/or training pieces will be required as well. This role is geared to create market interest, loyalty and revenue.
- Align with Tobii Dynavox strategic business objectives of sales and training support
- Strong understanding of the Tobii Dynavox entire product line, both application and implementation
- Demonstrable knowledge of how specific devices /software in the Tobii Dynavox product family might be better suited to primary diagnoses or communication competencies
- A strong understanding of language framework and an ability to talk in detail about its application to a broad range of individuals with complex communication needs
- A strong understanding of accessibility in hospitals, rehabs, and schools
- Knowledge of recent research in AAC and related fields. An ability to relate research and practice other components of Tobii Dynavox devices, language, or access
- A clinical awareness of trends in Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Proven success and experience in low to high-tech AAC implementation
- Provide best case examples of how clinics, clinicians and/or schools decide and choose an AAC, or access device in your area
- Articulate the challenges facing a clinician in providing low to hi-tech AAC, from initial contact through to implementation
- Outstanding communication skills – able to speak comfortably and confidently and to adapt the approach to meet different skill sets
- Acts as a spokesperson for the company on clinical subjects
- Provide subject matter expertise into product and development plans
- Develop training programs for customers to increase knowledge level and ability to successfully support the use of AAC and access
- Develop application based tools for customers
- Write articles for company and trade magazines
- Develop training programs for members of the Tobii Dynavox sales team to increase knowledge level and ensure confident responses to questions from clinicians in the field
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist. Varied AAC experience essential.
- Strong English conversational and writing skills a must
- Conversational and written French and or Spanish is preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to work/communicate effectively with remote team
- Demonstrated ability to discern issues and concerns of internal and external customers
- Ability to remain calm and focused while communicating in a stressful environment
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to express oneself in a clear and precise manner through direct and indirect contact methods
- MS Office-Power Point, Word, Excel
- Data Bases
- Share point experience a plus
- Ability to train and teach others
- Identify and prioritize goals/tasks to be accomplished
- Able to facilitate group discussion (in-person and remotely)
- Comprehend new material and subject matter quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Keep up in a fast-paced work setting
- Ability to work remotely
- Must be willing & able to travel extensively across US and/or Canada approximately 50%
- Some international travel may be expected
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel