STOCKHOLM & WASHINGTON, April 11, 2013 —Tobii Technology, the global leader in eye tracking and gaze interaction, today announced the release of Tobii UX Live, the first eye-tracking solution developed especially for the web design community. This new offering combines hardware, software, education and support to give interactive designers and developers a fast, easy-to-use, and affordable way to integrate powerful, real-time eye tracking insights into their work.
“This is an important milestone in our efforts to bring the power of eye tracking technology to a broader spectrum of professionals and work environments,” said Tom Englund, president of analysis solutions at Tobii. “The Tobii UX Live Solution is intended to provide designers who have not had any prior eye-tracking experience with a simple, cost-effective way to get direct feedback on their work. These critical insights will eliminate guesswork and provide persuasive evidence to support design choices for improved site and business performance.”
Eye tracking has been used for more than a decade by the online design community for website usability testing. As the technology has advanced in recent years, this tool has become standard practice among professional testers at major corporations and top research firms, as an unbiased, objective and data-driven research methodology. Today, Tobii’s UX Live Solution introduces an affordable, easy-to-use eye-tracking package that comes complete with education and support, so that a broader group of designers and developers can get started quickly and benefit immediately from the valuable insights generated by the technology.
The Tobii UX Live Solution helps designers and developers to:
· Gain a Critical View: Eye tracking makes it possible to see exactly what the user is looking at or not looking at when they navigate a site. With this real-time visual, they gain a critical view of the user experience that will illuminate design solutions in a way otherwise impossible to achieve. Understand why users did not see a specific button or link and why they had problems solving the task.
· Improve Designs: Usability testing with eye tracking provides designers and developers with critical knowledge about the user experience to pinpoint design improvements needed to meet the needs of users. Evaluate in real-time exactly what the user is seeing to identify how to make sites more user-friendly, improve conversion rates and achieve greater sales results.
· Validate Creative: With knowledge comes power, and eye-tracking data is an incredible asset for developers in presenting persuasive, data-driven validation of design and creative choices to internal or external clients. Show eye tracking video clips to validate design elements and ideas for improvements.
The Tobii UX Live Solution includes:
· Tobii X2 Eye Tracker – Easy-to-use eye-tracking hardware that can be used with laptops, monitors, tablets and mobile phones to track and record user eye movements.
· Tobii Studio Live Edition – Streamlined live viewing capability used to see and assess users’ experiences in real time.
· Training/Support – Step-by-step video tutorials to help you get started and support available from Tobii Analysis teams located around the globe.
“Our clients meet very tough challenges and the industry is moving extremely fast,” said Carl Tottie, CEO of the web agency Cloud Nine. “User experience and usability testing are really important for us. With Tobii’s solution we can move away from what we call gut feelings or just making assumptions. We can see and show our clients what their users actually think.” For more information on how Cloud Nine uses the Tobii UX Live Solution, click here.
“One of the greatest benefits of the Tobii UX Live Solution is that you can draw objective conclusions during live testing with just a few participants, providing a very fast and simple way to do testing,” said Barbara Barclay, general manager of Tobii Technology Inc. North America. “Designers can test early and often throughout the development process, saving time and money. And ultimately, creative harmony is easier to achieve because decisions are based on eye tracking evidence.”
The Tobii UX Live Solution is available for $699 per month.
To learn more about the Tobii UX Live Solution, join us for a Webinar, an online demo or on our road show. For a demonstration or more information about the Tobii UX Live Solution in Europe, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and in the U.S., contact email@example.com.
Visuals: Please visit the online Tobii Press Kit to download photographs and video of the Tobii UX Live Solution.
Eva Windisch, Head of Marketing, Tobii Technology — Analysis Solutions, +46 70 771 67 68, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the U.S.:
Kristina Messner, Senior Vice President of Public Relations, Focused Image, +1-703-678-6023, email@example.com